Are you going to make a difference with your team?
Our customer is a leading global hygiene and health company dedicated to improving well-being through industry-leading hygiene and health solutions. About 500 million people use one of these products every day. The brands are, for example, TENA, Tork, Leukoplast, Libero, Libresse, Lotus, Tempo. The organisation operates in around 150 countries around the world.
There are various sites in the Netherlands. Hoogezand is our customers largest factory in the Netherlands. More than 500 employees are working at this site where well-known brands such as TENA Lady, TENA Pants and Libero Up & Go are produced. In addition to three production units, various supporting units and departments contribute to the end result: Logistics, Plant Support, Controlling, Human Resources and Quality and RESH (risk management, environment, safety, health).
The products find their way to the customer from a fully automated distribution center. Not only in the Netherlands, but all over the world. The site in Hoogezand is very dynamic, every day is different. Due to the investments made in recent years and planned investments in the coming years, there is a modern machine park with constant investments in the latest production techniques. Careful attention is also paid to the development of people within the organisation.
Challenges of this position
As Operations Manager you will be ultimately responsible for the total operational results, financial and non financial (SQCDM), of a production unit.
What you will do
- Supports business strategic initiatives;
- Responsible for the application of Manufacturing systems and standards (work instructions and procedures for safety, quality, HMEx);
- Responsible for development of the organizational capability to get the expected results;
- Contributes to Site Compelling Business Needs (CBN) Set the unit objectives and Goals in line with Site CBN;
- Ultimately responsible for the operation results (SQCDM) related to his/her area of responsibility as a business owner;
- Coaches and develop the organization in the right behaviors. Coaches and facilitate losses elimination by using problem solving tools
- Applies Daily Direction Setting (DDS) methodology to create and run to standards;
- Accountable for the unit Operational Budget. Runs the operation on agreed cost and performance targets, understands the cost structure and drives improvements;
- Ensures effective communication and results review through the meeting sequence (Team/Shift handover/MBUs/Site);
- Accountable for the Performance Management process within his/her department.
Who you are
- University degree in engineering;
- Broad managerial experience with strong leadership capabilities;
- At least 5-year experience in production;
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both spoken and written;
- Change agent able to implement new improvements;
- Ability to work in complex organization (matrix structure);
- Flexible with high level of initiative and ambition to achieve results;
- Well organized, able to focus on several issues and prioritize effectively;
- Ability to build effective teams and handle diversity;
- High level of commitment, has passion for manufacturing;
- Strong leadership capabilities.
Strong leadership capabilities, commitment to reach superior results, courage to lead, collaboration with various team, caring attitude, creating and conveying vision and strategy, strong communication skills, connecting to all levels of the organization, up and down.
Are you interested? Please, send your resume to email@example.com