Are you able to keep this complex warehousing operation moving?
Our client is a global leader in providing advanced logistics solutions for the world’s most successful companies in industries such as e-commerce, food, retail and industrial multinationals.
In the BeNeGe region (Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany), our client operates from 31 different locations with the regional headquarters in Eindhoven (NL). Within this region, more than 4,500 employees are committed to the supply chain challenges of the various customers; how different, challenging or specific the requirements can be.
Customer satisfaction, personal growth of employees and a safe working environment are crucial within the company’s philosophy.
Working here means working in a fast-growing, dynamic and international organization. A complex environment with plenty of room for personal input and development. Employees are responsible for their own success. Whatever your position is, you will face new challenges every day allowing you to develop perfectly.
As the BeNeGe operation continues to grow, we are recruiting an Application Support Engineer WMS for the Eindhoven based IT team (hybrid working is possible, just like working from one of the other locations, i.e. Amsterdam, Venlo or Roosendaal).
About the role
As Application Support Engineer you work on the intersection of the logistic operations and Information Technology. You apply your in-depth knowledge of the warehouse applications to support operations with application issues they face during operations and you assist in improving processes and application functionality. You closely collaborate with the key users at the site and your peers in other IT teams in the region in order to achieve the best possible service for our customers operations.
You will be working at the regional IT department, where IT is taking care of for all sites in Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany. You will be part of a team (10 fte) that deals with the Core WMS and TMS applications for existing and new operations. In this role you will report directly to the IT Manager Application Support.
What you will do
The key activities and responsibilities for this role are:
- Resolving application issues reported by the sites, using centralized ITIL processes and IT Service Management system;
- Participating in initiatives to improve or enhance functionalities of the applications;
- Implementing – in collaboration with other IT teams – changes in the operational environment, following set change management processes;
- Acting on system generated alerts that could indicate potential issues in order to prevent business disruptions;
- Performing root-cause analyses for repeating or high-impact application issues;
- Participating in the on-call rotation support schedule, in order to provide support outside of normal office hours (after completing your training);
- Participating in system upgrades initiatives to keep the application landscape up to date.
- Occasionally assisting project teams by participating in User Acceptance Tests for new implementations
- Supporting other peripheral applications like TMS, reporting platforms, carrier integration solutions and EDI.
What you will bring
- At least a Bachelor’s level, with an education in a relevant discipline;
- Experience in working in a complex, demanding and fast-paced international logistical environment, preferably with or within a 3PL logistics service provider;
- Insight into logistical processes and how these processes are implemented in IT applications;
- Experience in working with Warehouse Management Systems;
- Abilty to approach issues systematically by applying your analytical skills;
- Skills to communicate effectively with (key)users of the site and peers in other IT areas’;
- Insight to assist your colleagues and seek help if necessary;
- Ability to work independent, analytical and accurate, but also able to maintain a helicopter view;
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of the English languages. Knowledge of the Dutch, French and/or German language is an advantage.
Are you interested? Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly!