Are you hands-on enough to improve business and services worldwide?
About the company
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader offering essential solutions for a sustainable future. They operate in over 80 countries around the world and their portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox and Berol.
The Information Management (IM) function of Nouryon is a global organization that supports all businesses, functions and country organizations. Their mission is to provide fit for purpose and effective IT services to help exceed their company ambition and grow talent and capabilities within the organization, making it easy for users. The IT application landscape is largely based on SAP, Microsoft and ServiceNow.The IM function is based in Amsterdam (Amersfoort).
Nouryon embarks on a global initiative to deploy a new Transport Management Solution (TMS) landscape, including connectivity and trade services integrations.
Based on a solid knowledge and experience with SAP TMS, you can make a short and long term contribution to Nouryon’s exiting journey.
Initially you will be responsible for contributing to the architecture and the hands-on implementation of the new Logistics landscape, consisting of a new TMS, associated connectivity platform, integration with the legacy SAP ECC solution and a new Trade Services platform.
At the long run you are responsible for leading solutions, compatible with the existing (technical and functional) architecture to ensure compliance with business and IM strategy, policy, guidelines, budget, and operational supportability around integrated supply chain and specifically manufacturing execution.
- Translating business requirements into solutions and/or solution directions;
- Defining, agreeing and communicating the roadmap for the applications in scope;
- Supporting demand management in writing project charters and translation into detailed requirements – in line with the IPM project methodology;
- Reviewing impact assessment and solution directions for minor CR’s;
- Executing system change requests and participating in multiple IM projects (depending on the size and number of ongoing projects the build and implementation can also be the responsibility of the Solution Architect);
- Keeping IM documentation up to date for the business processes and applications in scope;
- Proactively seeking business and service improvement opportunities (cost and performance);
- Identifying opportunities to build cross-functional working relationships both including various internal (Process excellence teams, continuous improvement teams, process owner) and external parties (suppliers, peers, and others);
- Monitoring the market to gain knowledge and understanding of currently emerging technologies in own area of expertise and core application landscape.
Have you got what it takes?
To be eligible for this challenging position you have at least 5 years TMS project/program experience, of which at least 3 years is SAP S/4 Transportation related. Preferably you have also implementation experience with SAP Sales & Distribution and Logistics Execution.
Next to this the following will be appreciated::
- Bachelor or Master in IT or relevant business field (e.g., business administration, logistics, computer science, or computer engineering);
- Experience with and/or knowledge of TMS related applications such as Transporeon or LX/Blue-Jay;
- Ability to rapidly comprehend functions and capabilities of new trends and technologies, especially in the SAP ecosystem;
- Experience in business process modelling and application architecture design frameworks (TOGAF), tools, technologies, methodologies;
- Strong analytical skills over multiple domains to identify opportunities and solutions;
- Problem solving skills using knowledge, experience, and analysis of available information;
- Ability to balance the long-term (or “big-picture”) and short-term implications of individual decisions;
- Ability to influence internal and external parties and communicate clearly at different levels;
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Are you interested? Please contact us via email@example.com or call us directly!