Always dreamed of managing teams in a fast-growing product organization?
Our customer is a low-code software platform company that provides tools to build, test, deploy and iterate applications. It is their mission to enable everyone in every organization – from marketing to C-level – to create things that are transformational for their business. This low-code platform is fundamentally changing the way applications are made and as such reinventing the future of software development.
Nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck and Philips, rely on this low-code platform to build web and mobile applications. It is no surprise our customer is a recognized leader of Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market. But being proud of what is achieved, they are humble enough to admit there is a continuous need to make things even more effective.
To continuously improve the low-code platform and maintain the global user base, there is a need for the best product development. In this context we are now looking for a Software Development Manager who takes specifically responsibility for developing a fully automated Infrastructure Performance Management environment.
- Building and managing super-efficient, results oriented software development teams that quickly and continuously builds product releases;
- Maintaining an agile and fun technology oriented environment that continues the tradition of this organization as an employer for the best and brightest engineers.
- You are responsible for HR, culture and employee happiness. Together with the other Software Development Managers, you need to make sure this R&D environment is a great place to work;
- You are responsible for the product delivery process with a specific focus on the overall product quality processes;
- You work with other departments to further expand the agile process to R&D;
- You control the complete, organization-wide agile product delivery process;
- You continuously improve all processes within R&D, not in a dogmatic way because they like to stay adaptive and eager to learn;
- You coach team leaders and teams in working in a disciplined process;
- You act as a people manager for teams that don’t yet have a dedicated team leader;
- You work with other departments to ensure that R&D can continue to focus;
- You are responsible for weekly progress, clearly defined sprints, well-managed meetings and the delivery of working products to our users after each sprint;
- You are responsible for prioritizing the development workload over the incoming support tickets together with the team leads, so that the focus is on the right issues;
- You are responsible for maintaining transparency within the teams and also for different processes around them.
- You are not a “high-level spreadsheet manager”, but hands-on, pragmatic, part of the team, a natural leader;
- You have experience in creating a multi-team agile software delivery process;
- You have experience with quality processes in a multi-team agile environment with a focus on continuous delivery;
- You have the opportunity to lead team retrospectives that put every problem (at every level) on the table to improve team culture and work processes;
- You know how to keep your teams focused and deal with flaws at the same time;
- You enjoy rhythm/cadence and you have a lasting discipline to create this with good time-management skills and “Getting Things Done” approach;
- You have the opportunity to continuously improve your own thinking (and that of others) around agile software development (e.g. thought leadership via blogs or social media);
- A good 10 years of experience in software engineering, including hands-on programming skills;
- You have experience in developing cloud-based software for the company;
- Have the skills and creativity to create (and keep) a great place to work for highly skilled professionals.
Are you interested? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org