Are you hands-on enough to improve business and services globally?
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential base chemicals for industries, ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. They excel in the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to their integrated value chain and modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark.
Nobian is wholly owned by Nouryon, a global specialty chemicals leader, and will become independent the coming months. Nobian has approximately 1,900 employees.
For the functional domain Integrated Supply Chain, now part of the projects department in the Information Management (IM) function, we are looking for an experienced SAP Application Manager. This position will be based in Amersfoort.
The focus of this role will be on contributing (both hands-on and solution architecture) to support in performing projects and application (change) management around SAP ECC and related applications in the area of Integrated Supply Chain which are supported by IM and core to Nobian.
You will improve the business and IT services while building cross functional relationships internally and externally. Based on your wealth of SAP experience you deliver changes and projects timely and accurately within the agreed design and costs. As a team player you gladly work together with internal customers, IT architects, external suppliers and project managers.
Secondary, at least during the first year, you will be heavily involved in separation of the IT-environment of Nobian. In the Nobian setting day-to-day application management activities will also be a part of the job.
- Participating in multiple IM projects and performing hands-on project activities or change requests in SAP ECC and related systems;
- Review impact assessment, propose solution directions and estimate efforts for change requests with business owners and stakeholders;
- Support configuration, data conversion, testing and training activities in projects and change requests;
- Ensuring quality and consistency with template design for deployments, checking designs and built;
- Keeping documentation up to date for the business processes and applications in scope of the projects and changes.
Have you got what it takes?
To be successful in this position, you are eager to go the extra mile to deliver projects on time and with the quality required to support growth ambitions. SAP (ECC) has few secrets for you. You are able to configure SAP (SPRO), are knowledgeable with data load techniques (LSMW, IDOC) and interface techniques (EDI, RFCs, etc.). Next to PP-PI and MM, you preferably also have knowledge of areas integrating to the mentioned modules, for instance: QM, sales & distribution and customer services (ATP, delivery, transport), Finance (e.g. product costing).
Next to this, you:
- Have a Master or Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field of study;
- Bring at least 8 years’ experience within the IT sector of which 4 years in SAP ECC with a strong experience with the SAP modules PP(-PI) and Quality Management. Preferably also experience with SAP MM, inventory management and warehouse management;
- Preferably have knowledge of/experience with the manufacturing/process industry;
- Are a good communicator and influencer at all levels of our internal organization and at external parties; fluent in written and spoken English; Dutch or German would be a pre;
- Are used to working in a corporate environment;
- Possess strong analytical skills to understand requirements, identify opportunities and come up and able to convey solutions in an understandable format;
- Can properly document your own work, to transfer knowledge to peers, and support partners (internal / external);
- Are dedicated to reach and maintain high quality standards and first time right;
- Are willing to travel to offices a broad occasionally (10%).
Are you interested? Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly!