Are you ready for a step into this challenging environment
Is a leading global hygiene and health company, dedicated to improving well-being through industry-leading hygiene and health solutions. About 500 million people are using one of the company’s products every day. The company operates in 150 countries around the world.
The site in Hoogezand is the largest of the company in the Netherlands and also within the Personal Care Business Group. More than 500 employees work together to produce well-known brands such as TENA Lady, TENA Pants and Libero Up & Go.
The products of our customer find their way to the customer from a fully automated distribution center. The site in Hoogezand is very dynamic: every day is different and has its own challenges. Due to investments made in recent years and planned investments in coming years, there is a modern machine park with continuous investments in the latest production techniques. Careful attention is also paid to the development of people.
For this customer we are looking for an experienced Production Manager.
About the role
As Production Manager you will be ultimately responsible for the total operational results (financial and non-financial – SQCDM) of the largest production unit within the Hoogezand site. As such you will be member of the Operations Leadership team. You will report to the Site Operations Manager.
What you will do
- Run the operation on agreed cost and performance targets;
- Responsible for the product quality, ensuring quality controls and execution of improvement cycles;
- Responsible for development of the organizational capability and capacity to get the expected results;
- Be a role model on safety and 6S, ensuring the safety culture is challenged and increased;
- Contribute to site Compelling Business Needs and set the unit objectives and goals;
- Coach and develop the organization in the right Lean Manufacturing behaviors and loss elimination approach;
- Hold weekly result follow ups with your team and engineers to identify manufacturing losses and support on the action plans to eliminate those;
- Lead and drive the journey of manufacturing excellence by role-modelling the desired behavior on the shopfloor;
- Apply Daily Direction Setting (DDS) methodology to create and run to standards and the Safety Culture;
- Ensure effective communication and results review through the meeting sequence (Team/Shift handover/MBUs/Site) on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
What you will bring
- Bachelor or Academic degree in Engineering;
- Broad managerial experience with strong leadership capabilities;
- At least 5-year experience in a production setting;
- Change agent ability to implement new improvements;
- Ability to work in complex matrix organization;
- Flexibility with high level of initiative and ambition to achieve results;
- Organizational skills to focus on several issues and prioritize effectively;
- Ability to build effective teams and handle diversity;
- High level of commitment, with passion for manufacturing;
- Fluency in Dutch and English.
Are you interested? Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly!