Are you the steady logistics lead in this FMCG environment?
Our customer is a leading global hygiene and health company dedicated to improving well-being through industry-leading hygiene and health solutions. About 500 million people use one of these products every day. The brands are, for example, TENA, Tork, Leukoplast, Libero, Libresse, Lotus, Tempo. The organisation operates in around 150 countries around the world.
There are various sites in the Netherlands. Hoogezand is our customers largest factory in the Netherlands. More than 500 employees are working at this site where well-known brands such as TENA Lady, TENA Pants and Libero Up & Go are produced. In addition to three production units, various supporting units and departments contribute to the end result: Logistics, Plant Support, Controlling, Human Resources and Quality and RESH (risk management, environment, safety, health).
The products find their way to the customer from a fully automated distribution center. Not only in the Netherlands, but all over the world. The site in Hoogezand is very dynamic, every day is different. Due to the investments made in recent years and planned investments in the coming years, there is a modern machine park with constant investments in the latest production techniques. Careful attention is also paid to the development of people within the organisation.
Challenges of this position
As Logistics Manager you are responsible for the total Planning and Operations Logistics department, currently with around 110 FTE. Main purpose of the role is to ensure and optimize the flow of raw materials and finished goods to deliver products according customer needs at the lowest costs within the priorities of the sites and the overall company strategy. For this dynamic role, we are looking for a manager who has the ambition, drive and skills to bring the total value stream to the next level.
About the role
- Coordination, management and delegation of responsibilities in the logistics team;
- development and coaching of the team, accountable for performance management;
- Identification and implementation of customer focused logistics solutions together with Global groups of Central Planning & Logistics and Regional Business Logistics;
- Responsibility for preparation and implementation of developing a logistics strategy within the plant, including agility within manufacturing;
- Responsibility for the optimization of stock levels and cost reduction, including repack;
- Continuous improvement of processes and follow up of KPI figures (service level, stock level, costs, complaints);
- Implementation of principles from the Warehouse and Planning excellence programs with a strong alignment to the corporate logistics organization;
- Support further upcoming projects and improvements to processes and systems further brining benefits in the area of Supply Planning;
- Lead, drive and improve the local Sales & Operation Planning process;
- Ensure the capability building of all employees within Logistics;
- Being a role model for safety;
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives;
- Quick thinking and able make decisions for quick corrective action ensuring problems are overcome.
Who you are
- Master’s degree – Supply Chain or Technical field with focus on logistics;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in logistics/supply chain and minimal of 8-10 years of experience as manager;
- Practical knowledge of SAP is a pre;
- Fluent in Dutch & English, more languages are a pre.
Strong leadership capabilities, commitment to reach superior results, courage to lead, collaboration with various team, caring attitude, creating and conveying vision and strategy,
Are you interested? Please, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org