Are you challenging enough for these complex international warehousing operations?
Our client is a global leader in providing advanced logistics solutions for the world’s most successful companies in industries such as e-commerce, food, retail and industrial multinationals.
In the BeNeGe region (Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany), our client operates from 31 different locations with the regional headquarters in Eindhoven (NL). Within this region, more than 4,500 employees are committed to the supply chain challenges of the various customers; how different, challenging or specific the requirements can be.
Customer satisfaction, personal growth of employees and a safe working environment are crucial within the company’s philosophy.
Working here means working in a fast-growing, dynamic and international organization. A complex environment with plenty of room for personal input and development. Employees are responsible for their own success. Whatever your position is, you will face new challenges every day allowing you to develop perfectly.
As the BeNeGe operation continues to grow, we are recruiting a Functional Consultant WMS for the Eindhoven based IT team (hybrid working is possible, just like working from one of the other locations, i.e. Amsterdam, Venlo or Roosendaal).
About the role
As Functional Consultant WMS you work daily on large and small WMS projects for various logistics operations. Since you work at one of the largest Supply Chain organizations in the world, no working day will be the same!
In this role, the focus is on collecting business requirements and translating them into an optimal IT solution. In addition, you are responsible for testing, implementing, supporting and providing training on the WMS system. For larger projects, you work together with your (IT) colleagues. For small projects or changes you mainly work together with opertion teams.
You will work in the central IT department, where IT is provided for all sites in Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany. You will be part of a team dealing with the Core WMS and TMS applications for existing and new operations. In this role you report directly to the Teamlead of your department.
What you will do
The key activities and responsibilities for this role are:
- Collecting and translating business requirements into detailed functional designs;
- Configuring complete warehouse management systems;
- Translating information flows and interfacing definitions to mapping specifications and resulting WMS functionality;
- Coordinating the implementation and configuration of the software developments;
- Evaluating and maintaining the quality of functional and technical IT documentation;
- Creating test scenarios, preparing test data and executing functional tests;
- Reporting on test progress and results;
- Providing training to WMS key users;
- Acting as 2nd line IT support and creating documentation for the 1st line IT organization;
- Supporting for the Go-Live regarding larger projects;
- Performing tasks in the areas of TMS, reporting and EDI occasionally.
What you will bring
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline;
- At least 2 years of experience in project organizations and knowledge of drafting functional specifications;
- Excellent knowledge of WMS systems at configuration level and logistical warehouse processes, preferably in a 3PL environment;
- Experience in a complex, high demanding and fast-paced international environment, preferably in Supply Chain industry;
- Independent, analytical and accurate, but also able to maintain a helicopter view;
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of the English languages. Knowledge of the Dutch, French and/or German language is an advantage.
Are you interested? Please contact us via email@example.com or call directly!