Challenging opportunity for an open minded and enthusiastic team player
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. They excel in safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to their integrated value chain and modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark. From their first salt production in 1918, they continue to innovate every day to become safer, more efficient, and sustainable to ensure the essential products of today will continue to enrich lives tomorrow.
Nobian is a privately owned company originating from AkzoNobel. Nobian has approximately 1,900 employees in the Netherlands (Rotterdam, Hengelo, Delfzijl, Arnhem, Amsterdam and Deventer), Germany (Ibbenbüren, Bitterfeld and Frankfurt), Denmark (Mariager), and Sweden (Gothenburg).
For HQ in Amersfoort we are looking for a experienced Cost Engineer who is able to lead and coach the profession to a higher level.
The Cost Engineering Manager prepares and/or validates all cost estimates for our capital projects; for larger-sized projects, you will be focusing on preparation of Cost Estimates in early phases and Estimate validation in FEL-3 (Front-End Loading). For site-based projects the focus will be on Estimate validation for all phases.
You develop, implement and maintain strategies, processes, work procedures and tools for capital estimating and cost control for capital projects. You take the lead in strengthening the Nobian central and local cost estimating and cost control organization to meet capital efficiency targets.
Next to this you:
- Proactively manage, audit and deliver capital estimating and cost control services in accordance with company and project procedures;
- Recruit, train and mentor capital estimators and project control engineers in the 7 production sites;
- Guide future database engineer in maintaining Nobian cost data and cost modelling;
- Deliver complex / non-routine estimates;
- Validate capital estimates prepared by cost estimators on site. Establish and maintain procedures / systems for Risk management in relation to capital estimating;
- Safeguard a correct cost closure of projects and compare the result with the original estimate;
- Strive for continuous improvement in cost estimation and cost control.
You will be responsible for developing best in class in Capital Estimating and Cost Control organizational setup:
- Incorporate measures for increasing quality, efficiency, safety and customer needs in the daily work and deliver relevant input to the team lead Projects & Turnaround Excellence;
- Provide strategy-conform services and ensure customer satisfaction;
- Balance, plan and allocate resources on short term in order to manage demand and supply and drive performance of the (functional) team;
- Drive, execute and monitor results within (functional) team (efficiency, time, scope, budget, quality, customer satisfaction).
- Responsible for development, implementation and use of standardized work processes and best practices for cost estimating and cost control;
- Develop, implement and use of the BU process for cost estimating and cost control;
- Adhere to corporate policies, guidelines, processes, methodologies, working methods and systems;
- Participate in and execute value improving practices (peer reviews, value engineering) and knowledge management (sharing, maintaining, updating information and best practices).
People development & Performance Management:
- The Cost Engineering Lead will need to develop a cost engineering community through functional reporting;
- Lead, manage and develop the members of the cost engineering community to build a strong, motivated, passionate, diverse team that can deliver disciplined and professional estimating and project control services for Nobian;
- Create a high-performance team culture. Recognize and address room for improvements;
- Secure outsourcing to designated third party provider as needed and manage third party providers.
Have you got what it takes?
Do you have experience with preparation and validation of Cost Estimates and Cost Control for capital projects? Are you a professional in developing, implementing and maintaining strategies, processes, work procedures and tools for capital estimating and cost control for capital projects? Then we are looking for you.
Next to this it will be appreciated that you have/are:
- An academic level, position for ambitious person with minimum of fifteen years of experience in project management / project control;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal;
- Preferably good communication skills in Dutch, both written and verbal;
- A thorough understanding of the principles of the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK);
- A team player, contributes to team’s ability to reach maximum performance;
- Able to implement systems, processes and procedures.
Are you interested? Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly!